So Long Summer Menu
The end of summer sucks! And even though summer is “technically” over, there are still some good weekends left for festive summer get-togethers. I was recently at a friends who had created the most amazing menu that was simple, elegant, and tasty that is perfect for any brunch or a light hors d'oeuvre moment so I had to share! Thanks Sammy! You may need to sprint to the local grocery though, because some of these ingredients might get harder to come by the further in to autumn we get.
The Cantaloupe Salad (serves 5):
- 1 cantaloupe, halved and seeded
- 1 8-ounce container mozzarella balls
- 8-10 slices prosciutto, shredded into large pieces
- ¼ cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste (optional)
Cut cantaloupe in half and seed. Use melon baller or cut cantaloupe into small, bite size chunks. Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl and serve.
Smoked Salmon Crostini (serves 5):
- Smoked salmon fillet
- Your favorite bread sliced into 1 - 2 inch slices
- 2 ripe avocados
- Goat cheese (optional)
Slice any bread of choice into 1 - 2 inch slices. If you are using goat cheese, put a thin layer of goat cheese on the bread. place a thinly slice piece of salmon on top of cheese. spread avocado on top of salmon, bake on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-15 minutes
This is also the perfect time to set up a D.I.Y. mimosa bar or get your Bloody Mary on with Micho and Mary! So long summer!
Like this post? Share it with a friend!